Please read this entire page of instructions before beginning an application.
The Theatre Graduate Program IS accepting applications for MFA (acting) students entering the program in autumn 2022 beginning October 5th.
The first step in our application process is to audition for our faculty. Do not apply to the MFA program until after you have auditioned. We audition prospective students at all three URTA auditions and on campus.
Campus audition dates:
- Saturday, December 4, 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday, February 4, 2:00 - 5:00pm
If you are unable to attend the URTA auditions or these on-campus audition dates, and would like to schedule an audition over Zoom, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus callback date:
- Saturday, February 5 (Note: This is a change from the previously published date of 02/12.)
Applicants should be prepared to present an audition according to the URTA guidelines for acting auditions. Furthermore, applicants should be prepared to demonstrate additional skills and to receive direction. We are particularly interested in the presentation of any material created by the actor.
If the faculty are considering you for admission, we will invite you to complete the Ohio State Graduate School Application. Include the following materials with the application:
- Statement of purpose articulating your interests and goals
- Current CV or resume
- Head shot
- Three letters of reference
- One official copy of transcripts or record of marks for each university-level school attended, including English translation of any foreign documents
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores for international applicants or U.S. applicants whose native language is not English
The GRE is NOT required for admission to this program unless the applicant's undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0 or if the 4-year undergraduate degree is not from an accredited institution.
Here are the deadlines by which the Ohio State Graduate School Application must be received.
- December 1 for U.S. and international applicants who wish to be considered for a fellowship
- March 15 for U.S. and international applicants who wish to be considered for an assistantship
- April 7 for U.S. and international applicants who do not wish to be considered for funding
If you have any questions about the process or need additional information, please contact the External Relations Coordinator.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com.