The Theatre Graduate Program IS NOT accepting applications for MFA (Acting) students entering the program in autumn 2023. The program will recruit its next class in autumn 2025.
The first step in our application process is to audition for our faculty. Do not apply to the MFA program until after you have auditioned. We audition prospective students at all three URTA auditions and on campus.
Campus audition dates:
- Saturday, December 4, 2021, 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday, February 4, 2022, 2:00 - 5:00pm
If you are unable to attend the URTA auditions or these on-campus audition dates, and would like to schedule an audition over Zoom, please email us at email@example.com.
Campus callback date:
- Saturday, February 5, 2022, 11:00 - 4:30pm (Note: This is a change from the previously published date of 02/12.)
Applicants should be prepared to present an audition according to the URTA guidelines for acting auditions. Furthermore, applicants should be prepared to demonstrate additional skills and to receive direction. We are particularly interested in the presentation of any material created by the actor.
If the acting faculty are considering you for admission, they will invite you to complete the Ohio State Graduate School Application. Include the following materials with the application:
- Statement of purpose articulating your interests and goals
- Current CV or resume
- Head shot
- Three letters of reference
- One official copy of transcripts or record of marks for each university-level school attended, including English translation of any foreign documents
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores for international applicants or U.S. applicants whose native language is not English
The GRE is NOT required for admission to this program unless the applicant's undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0 or if the 4-year undergraduate degree is not from an accredited institution.
All application materials must be received by March 15th.
If you have any questions about the process or need additional information, please contact the External Relations Coordinator.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.